Wednesday, September 30

The typhoon that took away my house

A big typhoon arrived in the Philippines last Friday night. When i woke up on that Saturday morning its already raining. And since typhoon like that always hit the Philippines, plus at that time it wasn't that strong yet. I went to work and do my regular routine. Its been raining the whole day while i was at the office. It was just a typical rain so i didn't felt it will get worst I guess its because the rain is not that strong. As the hours pass by I receive a call to my friend who were living in Laguna she is our Office manager too. She told me to go home early because she can see at the T.V that the typhoon is getting worst. And that there are flood everywhere she worry that i will have difficulty in commuting it i stay long at the office. So me and my co workers decided to go home early. When i went down the building of our office i can see lots of people already in a hurry to go home. I had didn't have any difficulty in getting a bus, but the bus i took was so full i got to push my self in. I even walk on a flooded street just to arrived at my house. I was already worried when i saw that the town near when i live is flooded already i worry that my house will be flooded too and i am more worry about my stuff. I live alone and nobody will rescue my stuff while I'm away.As i arrive to area where my house is. I was surprise that it already flooded and that the flood is so high. I felt so sad and worry and wondering how my house will look like. While i was walking i came across one of my neighbor and told me that they broke into my house already and save all of my important things, specially the appliances like my computer and the fridge. The flood was waist high and i am sure that if my neighbor didn't do that they did all of my stuff will me wet or will be wash away by the flood. Some of my stuff that wasn't rescued by my neighbors were all wet and already ruin. Like my fictional books that is under the T.v stand and some soap and shampoo that is on the shower floor. I didn't slept that day and was so tired. Walking in the flood that is waist high is so tiring. I cant take a shower too. And i really cant move much. So i decided to text and ask for a permission to our office manage if i can stay at the office while my house is flooded. I'm glad they said yes, so right now i am staying here at the office. And i don't really know how long will i be staying here. I only sleep at the floor. Good thing the floor is carpeted so it wasn't that cold to sleep on to.
I did felt sad and pity for myself by when i saw what happened to other people that day i realize i am much more lucky than they are. Other lost everything, some even lost there love ones or even there life. I'm still luck in someway. Lucky that i have a place to stay. Even if some of my stuff are gone already. At least i still have some clothes to wear from day to day. Even if did have much money, at least i still have some to buy food to eat. I just only hope that the water will be come soon. I really don't like to stay here at the office that long. But i guess i will just enjoy staying here at the office while i am here and try to continue my life and give my best to life everyday.

1 comment:

Seb said...

Great post! This is very helpful. I'm sure I'd visit your site more often. Anyway, you can drop by my favorite online hang out too, at UK Student Community. Thanks!